Friday, April 30, 2010

Adele's New Dress

This is a special figure as the skirt she wears is made from my mother's wedding dress. The beautiful original dress was worn by my mother, a dear friend of hers, and both of my sisters- in- law.  Unfortunately, the last person to wear it altered it in such a way that destroyed the original integrity of the dress and so it came to me from my mother with the hopes that I could salvage something of its original beauty. The dress originally had many tiny satin and lace covered buttons running down the back of the bodice. Those were used on the front of the sweater jacket.  The original heavy satin, tulle and lace overlays that make up the skirt mimic the design of the original dress. As my mother is named Adele it seemed only fitting to name this piece after her. 

 

1 comment:

risa said...

What a beautiful, personal piece!